CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I want to use my GOG version of TLJ with NO STEAM!!!

Is this possible? I really want to play TLJ and the first Dreamfall on linux mint 18.3, and I am willing to pay to do it, I just do not want want steam on my computer. Is there anyway purchase these setups from codeweavers and not have steam put on my computer and use my GOG versions instead?

And I apologize for my screen name. I didn't realize my full name would be my screen name... Oh, I will see if I can change it.

Um, could a mod please change my screen name. I didn't expect my full name to show up as my screen name...... so, yeah, sorry.

Yes, I expect the GOG versions of The Longest Journey and Dreamfall should run just fine.

You can probably install it using regular Wine, but buying Crossover Office is a great way to support further Wine development.

Yes, but will it install steam when I use the codeweavers system? I really do not want steam.

No, software you purchase from GOG does not require or automatically install the Steam client on your computer.

I have not tried GOG's TLJ installer, but many other GOG offerings install and run without issue in CrossOver.

I think OP means the installer for that game in CrossOver is built for the Steam version.

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I just installed some GOG Gamens succesfuly and after seeing this thres I tryed TLJ, too.

What I did is:

• Downloaded the Setup Files from GOG.
  • Selected TLJ preset from the first Bottle Creation Page.
  • Changed the preselected "seam" Option on the next to "Select Setup File" and selectet my downloaded Setup File.
  • At the end of the installation proces the GOG Installer reports a runtie error (every GOG Installer I tried did this). But if you ignore it you will see that the Game was successfully installed.
  • Started the game.

I Tryed it on Linux Mint 20 with Crossover 20.
Looks goog so far (but I just started the game, havent played for longer)

PS: You can change your Name at your Profile Page.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibkZYQVNkUHdQNlJHUXFWVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9