CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Deleting CrossOver Office Linux 19?

My trial installation of CrossOver Office 19, unfortunately, won't run the desired software (Quicken 2001 Deluxe). "Uninstall CrossOver Linux" deletes bottles but doesn't seem to remove it completely, because when I try to install an earlier version of XO (on which Q2001D runs) I'm told that a later version of XO is already installed.

Is there a terminal command to remove XO19 thoroughly so I can try to install my earlier version?

The "manual removal" option from this wiki should be sufficient to let you install an older version: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/linuxtutorial/uninstall. If that doesn't work, please let me know so that we can update the wiki :)

Thank you, Anna! Synaptic did not find any CrossOver installation, but the rm command took out the /opt stuff.
A quick try of my crossover_13.0.1-1.deb using Gdebi-gtk still reported a later version existed. Maybe I need to reboot. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again for the help!

At first you can uninstall the first step under desktop option "Crossover-->uninstall"
Second: under directory /opt/cxoffice/bin there is an executable file "cxuninstall" that you can call with parameter "--force". That will remove the rest - but you removed hole dir tree "/opt"

On my linux I only have three positions where crossover will put files:

1) a package of my distribution (opensuse: rpm -qa | grep -i crossover ; rpm -e <found-package>)
2) ~<username>/.cxoffice/...
3) /opt/cxoffice

[quote=31946] - but you removed hole dir tree "/opt"/quote]

My apologies for not being more clear. I did not delete /opt, only /opt/cxoffice. I was too lazy to look up what it was actually called (cxoffice or crossoveroffice), so I just said "stuff." But in /opt, it was only the cxoffice that was removed.

After you rebooted, did it still complain that a more recent version was installed?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNnlkZEhySnhuMnhCUENCdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9