CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Alt+F4 Doesn't Work In Some Apps

I've been playing with Crossover on Linux, and I've found a number of Windows apps that I can't quit via the standard Alt+F4 shortcut. These same apps quit just fine with Alt+F4 on Windows itself, and every non-Crossover app quits on Windows too. Some of these apps will quit via Ctrl+Q, and others I can't quit without explicitly taking my hands off the keyboard, moving the mouse, & clicking the little "X" in the top right.

Is there some reason for this different behavior - and more importantly, is there some way it can be rectified, so that everything can be quit via Alt-F4 (i.e. like they work on Windows, & like all else works on Linux)?

Running Kubuntu 20.04 (KDE Plasma 5).

Thanks in advance!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSnlxc3RrUFVDNzRSTnJ3diIsImdkcHIiOjB9