CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover + Fedora Silverblue

Good afternoon all,
Recently switched a test machine to Fedora Silverblue to give it a try. Installed Crossover both as a user account and as the rpm (using ostree install) in neither case can I successfully register, most likely due to the nature of the read only main filesystem. Any fixes that anyone can think of?
It's not an urgent issue for me as my main machine runs Manjaro and will continue to do so, but getting this running properly on Silverblue may benefit others too :)
Thank you :)

SEE POSTS BELOW FOR AN UPDATE, this method may work but not exactly a good way of doign it, and requires that you know how to build an RPM...the later posts by me, are a better way.

Old way:
May have possibly found my own workaround. Downloaded the licence files from Downloads, and then made my own rpm file with them in, pointing to /opt/cxoffice/etc then used rpm-ostree install for both cxoffice and the self created rpm. Seems to have worked as no time warnings showing now, however I still get the option to unlock in crossover's menu...Though that could always be there anyway, I can't remember as have never needed to check :)

Better/Proper way, see next post

Scratch the last reply, which does work fine but not really the way it's intended to use programs in Silverblue.
Instead I created a new toolbox and called it wine, and install crossover inside there. Works perfectly including registering, and audio working properly too (as due to a lib conflict, audio on 32bit apps wasn't working properly in the ostree installed version)

Glenn Korbey wrote:

Scratch the last reply, which does work fine but not really the way
it's intended to use programs.
Instead I created a new toolbox and called it wine, and install
crossover inside there. Works perfectly including registering, and
audio working properly too (as due to a lib conflict, audio on 32bit
apps wasn't working properly in the ostree installed version)

Further to this, the steps I took to do this were:

toolbox create --container wine
toolbox enter --container wine
sudo dnf install wine
sudo dnf install <crossoverrpmhere>
sudo dnf install wine-pulseaudio

Wine only really installed to make sure the right libs in place
Then just run crossover from the toolbox..works perfectly :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR2VUdVFoQjJ1cWtQVWtxUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9