CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 365 - Unable to login via MFA

Has anyone managed to get Outlook 365 working with MFA?

After I enter my email address (enterprise account), I get a popup window which says "Sign in with your organizational account". However, clicking the "Sign in" button does nothing - there's no error message or any sort of visual feedback. I have tried all the other tricks (registry entries and IE 8 + .NET installations) documented in the other Office 365 thread, but nothing works.

I know the FAQ says "Versions of Office that require 2-step activation (2FA), KMS, and/or University account credentials do not currently activate successfully with CrossOver.", but it's been 6 months since that was posted and Wine has had some big changes since then - wondering if some progress has been made or, if anyone's managed to find a workaround (like copying native Windows dlls over or something)?

If not, is there a bug report for this so I can vote for and track the issue?

Thank you

The problem persists, unfortunately.

It looks like Meredith Johnson knows about it (see: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/microsoft-office-365/?mhl=246670;msg=216277#c19 ) so perhaps she has some ideas of timeline.

By the way, MFA/2FA works really well in Thunderbird when connecting to the same Office platform.

I'd recommend just using Outlook 365 some other way, Thunderbird works well as the previous reply said. But the web versions of Office 365 are pretty good too, to the point where in many places it's standard to use it in the browser

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicndyN05wVkZwZXhKS20yciIsImdkcHIiOjB9