CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Missing GStreamer plugins h264parse, and avdec_eac3

I attempted to install LabVIEW Community into a 64 bit Windows 10 bottle. At first there were many errors that indicated missing libraries. I installed them, and these errors no longer appear after an installation attempt. But I still have these remaining missing plugin errors:

[MissingGStreamer1Bad2]
"Title"="The gst-plugins-bad 32-bit GStreamer plugins appear to be missing h264parse"

[MissingGStreamer1Libav]
"Title"="The gst-libav 32-bit GStreamer plugins appear to be missing avdec_eac3"

I do not know what to do about them. How are these missing plugins installed?

Crossover Version: 21.0.0

Hi there,

You can search here for error messages you're still getting (although it's possible that some of the missing plugins aren't actually going to cause trouble for your purposes): https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/Diag

Best,
Meredith

I was aware of the webpage, but I did not find the solution earlier because I did a text search in the page using the wrong keywords. I have found them now. I also noticed a pattern the fix command that enables me to conclude what the command to fix it is given an error message.

Executing the commands:

sudo /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxfix missinggstreamer1bad missinggstreamer1bad.amd64
sudo /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxfix missinggstreamer1libav missinggstreamer1libav.amd64

solved the errors.

But now when I attempt to install LabVIEW the installation process hangs. It appears LabVIEW is not going to work in CrossOver.

Thanks for your help. :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYmFCdVJUWHlMTXI1dnRKeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9