CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Outlook 2016 can't access to O365

Hi, I'm a trial user.
I just installed Office2016 and Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access worked normally but Outlook.
When Outlook starts, there's welcome screen and requests email.
I filled email then "Something went wrong" message appears...
Also, in another time, I sign in to O365 in Excel and close,
I launch Outlook, wine crashes.
Is there workaround for this issue or have to wait for update?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome :) !
To be honest during my long journey with crossover I have never been able to launch outlook from office 365 bottle. I understand that msoffice is a must have for you, but the outlook is in my opinion the easiest "component" from the office suite to replace :). Have you ever tried thunderbird email client or outlook via browser?

I know that the answer at first may be disappointing for you... However in the end I would say that using changing the email client(at least in my case) have been the best thing I've made for my work flow.

Hi there,

Our support for Outlook has definitely never been perfect, but our 21 release definitely has worse behavior than prior versions. There are no workarounds, as a change in Wine was needed to fix the issue. We plan on releasing a fix with an upcoming release later this year.

Best,
Meredith

Perhaps a simple solution if you have outlook on your work computer is to run virtual box and if your workplace uses it, Pulse secure VPN.
Just run remote in windows and your good to go. You will need your work computers name to remote in.

Dave.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOVZ1ZnZ4U1d0UUFKRmRYMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9