CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

libldap 2-4.2 x libldap-common - Jammy jellyfish - Office365

Hi,

I can't install the Office365 in 22.04.

The issue is the libldap-2.4-2. The script is showing that the libldap-common is the new library.

O pacote libldap-2.4-2 não está disponível, mas é referenciado por outro pacote.
Isto pode significar que o pacote está faltando, ficou obsoleto ou
está disponível somente a partir de outra fonte
No entanto, os pacotes a seguir o substituem:
libldap-common

E: O pacote 'libldap-2.4-2' não tem candidato para instalação
E: Impossível encontrar o pacote libldap-2.4-2:i386
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'libldap-2.4-2'
E: Não foi possível encontrar o pacote através da expressão regular 'libldap-2.4-2'

• rc=1
  • exit 1
    root@Galileo-Francisco:/home/francisco#

There is a way to install the office in the Jammy Jellyfish?

I have the same problem installing any Windows application.

Any help?

I'd contact support directly. I take it that you're using Ubuntu, and that a library required by Crossover for certain functionality is missing.

Same issue here but on Arch Linux:

Missing 32-bit libldap_r-2.4.so.2 library: This library lets Windows applications access LDAP servers.
Missing 32-bit liblber-2.4.so.2 library: This library lets Windows applications access LDAP servers.
Missing 32-bit libsane.so.1 library: The SANE library allows Windows applications to access document scanners.

Package listing for lib32-libldap shows different symbol files https://archlinux.org/packages/multilib/x86_64/lib32-libldap/files/

I've tried working out the issue with /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxfix but I am not quite sure how to use that tool. This of course is allowing Office 365 applications to start but not authenticate.

If I get a fix I'll post it here, but will continue to monitor this thread. I'll probably reach out to support next week if no resolution on either front. I'm sure they're getting hammered from people like me buying it yesterday.

Ubuntu 21.10 has a more recent version of the library, Fedora 35 as well. No doubt affecting Arch too.

Office installs for me on Ubuntu 21.10 and Fedora 35, but the applications crash immediately after they load.
Maybe it is related to this missing library.
Situation: Crossover does not run Office at the moment on either of my two main desktops (Ubuntu 21.10 and Fedora 35) and I do not know how to fix it.

I have the same problem with the latest Crossover version. Office apps open and then freeze. No problem with the earlier version of Crossover.

Same here. I'm using Manjaro.

Hi folks,

Jammy Jellyfish isn't even in beta yet. We typically don't do any testing or changes until a new distro version is in beta since it will be constantly changing.

ubuntu 21.10 and Fedora 35 are supported on CrossOver 21.1. I'm not quite sure what exact error messages folks are getting, but if they are blocking you from installing CrossOver or an application within CrossOver, please open a support ticket.

For the Office 365 issues, please see if a fresh install works, and if not, please open a support ticket.

Lastly, Arch and Manjaro are not officially supported with CrossOver, but we did make a change so that errors about this library should not be causing issues installing CrossOver or an application within CrossOver. However, the fix is to consider LDAP not usable on Arch since we don't know if the 2.6 version is backward compatible with applications that are built against the 2.4 version. Again, if you are blocked on those error messages, please open a support ticket.

Best,
Meredith

I opened a ticket but nothing really happened, Ubuntu 21.10 is NOT working.

Hi Tamas,

Are you getting the error message about missing packages, or is something else going wrong? I looked at your tickets, and I don't see any mention of other functional problems.

Best,
Meredith

Temporary solution (Arch):
Downgraded lib32-libldap and libldap from 2.6 to 2.4. Stable. No more crashes! :

• Install "downgrade" from AUR
  • sudo downgrade lib32-libldap (and then select 2.4.59). repeat the process with libldap.
    The script even blacklists upgrades !
    Hope it helps

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWUpSM0NyWVllc2VXaGJCcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9