CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

This RPM package cannot be installed on top of a Loki or MojoSetup package.

Hi Everyone,

I've sent off for assistance through the official channels, but figured a two prong attack, asking fellow users may also help me to work out why I am getting this error, and how best to overcome it. I have read through other posts on here and apart from one, no-one else seems to mention this issue.

First up bit about the machine and OS.

Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 4TB Spinning Rust.
OS is OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, Kernel 5.14.14-3, 64 bit.

I've run Crossover for a couple of months now, with the version installaed at the time bein 20.0.4. I've not had any problems at all until recently. I opted to update to 21.0.0 and it sems that is when all my problems started. So to me, sensible option was remove 21.0.0 and go back to the previously fault free 20.0.4.

Uninstalled 21.0.0 using the GUI uninstall program from the main menu. In hindsight, perhaps that may have been an arror, but who really knows. I downloaded the older package (RPM), and proceeded to install from the Command line. Thats when the error above popped up. My next thought was, that perhaps 21.0.0 had left something behind, so tried to install that again, from the CLI, and yes exactly the same error.

Damn me for using Microsoft mentality of "Remove and re-install" 😒

20.0.4 worked flawlessly when it was installed initially. I have done a couple of updates, so perhaps OpenSUSE have stuck something in new packages that mess with Crossover, again, this is unknown.

To cover other aspects of forum entries from others. No, I have not installed using a .bin package. No, I have not installed anything older that 20.0.4. Yes, 20.0.4 worked very well with the windows application I was running. Yes, 21.0.0 seemed to do the same.

So, if anyone has any experience with this error and has ways to overcome it, suggested workarounds etc, I really would be pleased to hear from you.

Cheers
Steve

That message appears if the RPM installer finds /opt/cxoffice/.manifest or /opt/cxoffice/.mojosetup.

Well after spending most of Saturday trying to get things sorted, I find that it is indeed correct that the installer found another installation, despite having run the uninstaller from the menu. This matter has been resolved in two ways. Firstly, rolling back to 20.0.4 as 21.0.0 would not allow the application of choice to run. This is echoed by another user who gave crosover 21.0.0 just two stars stating that the application would not even runi under 21.0.0.

So, something has obviously changed between the two versions for this particular application to run flawlessly on 20.0.4 and not run at all on 21.0.0.
Happy to provide more details if teh developers wish to investigate this claim.

So, apart from this, still give 4 stars for my particular appication running happily on Crossover albeit an older version.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibXpka0ZtdUF4RUhKWVZtMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9