CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Overwatch 1.67.0.0.90774 for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

I bought the most recent version of crossover for linux and installed overwatch. Everything was running well until I had to restart my computer. Now the game wont start. It asks me for an update which seemingly goes well. But then when the game tries to start I get an error message: General Error. (0xE00101A0).

What has everyone else tried to do to get the game running?

Hi Jon,

Testing this on my computer and I wasn't able to replicate it. Here are the steps I took.

1) Installed Crossover 21.1
2)Installed Overwatch in a new bottle. I used the Overwatch crosstie. Unfortunately I had to download the installer manually, as it looks like our crosstie for the installer file is broken right now which I have reported.
3)Ran Overwatch the first time.
4)Rebooted
5)Reopened my Overwatch bottle and was able to get it running in game.

Are there any steps here that I am missing that you took? If possible I would like to replicate what you did as close as possible. It's possible an update messed up the bottle, as that error looks to be common if there is a graphics driver issue. I would recommend reinstalling the bottle using the Overwatch installer found here and see if that fixes it for you. Let us know if it doesn't!

Best,
Alex

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWDZkSEdKVE1OM0NYc1hFcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9