CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Adding/reporting a new application

It seems you can't add new applications to report your results on without having to sign up with the whole beta testing system (I do enough software testing in my day job, not looking to officially sign up on another).

I was looking at Money Manager EX, which is supposed to have a Linux version. However they haven't been publishing new Fedora/RPM builds for a while, and the ones you CAN find don't run (from a command line they crash immediately). Their instructions for compiling yourself are wrong, so you can't do that either.

I figured, before I expend the effort even trying to figure out the correct compilation procedure, I'd look at the MSWin build under Crossover. I installed their v1.5.9 build (32bit version) in a fresh MSWin7 bottle. It brought up it's UI, and then completely locked my entire desktop, no mouse cursor at all, keyboard was entirely unresponsive. I did an SSH to it from another machine and tried a restart on LightDM, which didn't fix it. Tried a reboot through the same remote session, and it wouldn't do that either. Had to pull the power.

So this is why I want to post a rating for the application here. I think it needs to be severely warned against (this lockup happened under Fedora 34 as well as Fedora 35)

You can report it in Money Manager 7.5, that is already in database, or submit a new application.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic1kyQWNtS2NSaHVyNHdzciIsImdkcHIiOjB9