CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

About using CrossTie to install Office 365

Hi everyone,
I attempted to install Office 365 using CrossOver but it failed. I contacted the support and the staff said that CrossOver cannot install Office 365 on Windows 10 bottle at the moment. Then, I was advised to use CrossTie.

I am now here, so the suggestion does not make much sense. I have tried to follow up the suggestion but nothing comes up yet. Would anyone help me with step by step instructions, please.

Your kind help is much appreciated.

Hi there,

Our CrossTie is just our installation recipe for Office 365. If you search for "Office 365" in the CrossOver Software Installer and select it there, you're using the CrossTie. Our CrossTie specifies using Windows 7 since, as our support team indicated, Office 365 is known not to work in a Windows 10 bottle. You should only need to choose your installer file and click "Install."

And just a note: I don't see any follow-ups from you in our ticket system, so if you're looking for more info from our support team, please reply to your ticket or open a new one.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ3YyM0ptdDhMOEJHRm5CSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9