CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Office 365 fails to activate and is extremely slow

Hello, I have Office 365 vie crossover installed. I can't activate it. Logging in via the personal MS account is possible. Error 0x80070426 occurs when activating via the Internet.
In addition, Office 365 is extremely slow and unusable. Each mouse click takes about 10 seconds. Can you help me?
Ubuntu 22.04
Crossover 21.2
Board Asus B550-plus wifi
Grafik VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cezanne [1002:1638] (rev c9)

Thanks in advance
Steven

Hi there,

For activation: does quitting the bottle and then relaunching work? Activation of personal accounts should be working well.

For performance: do you see a difference with Wayland vs Xorg? Our test machines showed good performance with both on Ubuntu 22.04, but it's possible that different hardware might show different results.

Best,
Meredith

Hello Meredith,
yes there is a huge difference between Wayland and Xorg.
Wayland walks catastrophically slow. With Xorg it runs almost normally. I have now switched ubuntu 22.04 to Xorg.
So two completely different services.

I can't say anything about the activation at the moment. There is no error message. However, it doesn't seem to be activated yet.
I have yet to watch this.

Same experience here with Wayland vs Xorg
Wayland crawls while Xorg runs great.
Hoping as soon as the wine-wayland driver is merged into stable wine we get it immediately for this reason
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Wayland-Wine-End-Of-2021

Oh.. also.. :)
https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=26;msg=251834

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibTZRR2tycjRKUmRoYXB6YiIsImdkcHIiOjB9