CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

emClient... oh so close.

The best email client ever installs well, setup works well even with Proton mail's Bridge client, message download proceeds as expected, sending and receiving proceeds as expected, message translation works fine and then ..... it just shuts down!

No particular event, that I can determine, preceeds the shutdown. Clicking the panel icon brings it back up again as normal and we go again. Oh it would be so nice if I could make this my default email clent in Linux Mint as it is in Windows and has been for years.

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this shutdown? Better still, does anyone have a fix?

I could try it out and let you know if I encounter the same issue

Doesn't work for me. I submitted a report, will keep you updated

Thanks, much appreciated. How does one submit a report? I'd like to make one too.

You need to sign up to be a BetterTester https://www.codeweavers.com/bettertester

Thanks.

No problem, lmk how it goes

Can I ask how you got SMTP set up with Proton in em Client in Crossover? I got it set up with the bridge and I get incoming emails, but outgoing...no. The settings don't allow for STARTTLS and I have tried all of the options with no success. If I try to send an email I get an error message due to settings.

I finally found the settings to use em client with protonmail bridge and it worked!! Then right after, started having this same issue. EmClient opens, says it wasn't shut down properly last time and then opens for a brief second and closes. Hope we get a fix for this. In the meantime, I might try reinstalling in CO as it DID work.

Just an update. As previously stated, successful installation from the CO download, then program automatically updates to latest version; not sure if I tried NOT updating if these issues would not be present. But while the program sends/receives email in each of my 5 protonmail accounts, it consistently crashes at various points, so is far from stable. I can choose settings for an account and it crashes. Other times, I can get into account settings and modify things. Sometimes, I write an email, it crashes. Other times, emails sends and no issues. I am going to try uninstalling/reinstalling and see if this time, not updating to latest version gets rid of the crashes, so at least we know the source. Will report back.

1 to 10 of 10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRzQ5NFlDdWR0TGJlY3VHSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9