CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

cxupdatecheck errors updating from 21.2 to 22.0

current crossover: crossover 21.2.0-1.x86_64

when executing sudo /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxupdatecheck
it exits with multiple transaction test errors:

file /opt/cxoffice/doc/en/html/images.common from install of crossover-22.0.0-1.x86_64 conflicts with file from package crossover-21.2.0-1.x86_64 ...

how to fix this error?

or should i run

sudo dnf install http://crossover.codeweavers.com/redirect/crossover.rpm

versus the cxupdatecheck ?

Hi William,

We are looking into the issue, but for now, the only workaround I know if is to uninstall the old CrossOver version and then install CrossOver 22 :-/

Best,
Meredith

Hello Meredith,

I'd like to comment as well that I am having problems updating from 21.2 to 22.0.

I am on Fedora 31 and also using the Mate desktop. I am getting similar error messages as Mr. Burlew. I didn't use the cxupdatecheck tool, but tried using the rpm with the --test Uvh flags and got the similar messages. I also tried the bin script and got error messages again. I don't know, but I did notice that Mr. Burlew and I are using the Mate desktop.

I primarily use my cxoffice to run an ancient version of Excel from 2000 and was not concerned right now as things are working with 21.2. Still, should I decided to upgrade my system to a current version of Fedora I will be using the Mate desktop again.

Thank you. I hope my comment helps.

Ron Kiyomura

thank you for your reply.

i can attempt an uninstall 21 && install 22. granted, it is easy enough.

my app(s) are running fine under 21 for now so i'll probably wait a few days to attempt your suggestion. by then you & your code wizards might have a clearer insight as to why this is happening and an answer for myself & Mr Kiyomura regarding update error.

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi William,

We are looking into the issue, but for now, the only workaround I know if is to uninstall the old CrossOver version and then install CrossOver 22 :-/

Best,
Meredith

Hi Meredith,

regarding uninstalling old CrossOver, i don't need to uninstall my win apps already installed in a win bottle do i? just checking.

i do see an update from 22.0.0->22.0.1 now. is the issue corrected or will i still need to uninstall 21.0.0 ?

thanks for your help & time,,,

Hi there,

The 22.0.1 update fixes the issue; no need to uninstall anymore! Thanks for your patience with this issue.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi there,

The 22.0.1 update fixes the issue; no need to uninstall anymore! Thanks for your patience with this issue.

Best,
Meredith

thank you!!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNWh5VjhiWDRlWkF2bXhCYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9