CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

can't select printer/change prt settings in Family Tree Maker (7.0 & 2005)

Here's a bug I've been seeing in Wine/Crossover for at least 12 years now (https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23326), and no one has been able to track it down yet. The application will run fine for the most part, but if I want to change the printer (such as sending output to cups-PDF) or to change the printer settings, you cannot select anything in the Print Setup window. The radio buttons to chose Default Printer or Specific Printer cannot be selected, and neither one is showing active (usually in MSWin one or the other would be active). You can use the drop-down list of printers, but since you can't select "Specific Printer", it will stay on the system default.

I did forget to point out that the FTW7 bottle I'm using here is one I set up some number of years ago, not a fresh install. I'll be posting a separate thread on trying to install a new bottle for testing this (that one fails to run).

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSmhZZ203UDlZZlpRR250ayIsImdkcHIiOjB9