CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Does it matter what script you choose?

I recently rebuilt my machine and put Linux Mint back on it. One reason I keep flipping back and forth between Windows and Mint is due to a couple games that I simply can't get working in Linux. D2R is one of those. Doing some searches I ran across a lot of posts about it working great in Lutris and I gave it a try. Sure enough it did, but this isn't why I support Crossover. I would like to get it to work here.

So this leads me to my question. In the posts I saw they say to choose the scripts for D2R, not for Battle.Net and then install D2R from there. Evidently there are some differences in the scripts for Battle.net and D2R. Is that the same case for CrossOver? Is it better to look for the game itself instead of the platform it runs under even if it means the platform could be installed multiple times?

Hi Brad,

Yes, I recommend using the CrossTie for each game if it's available, rather than just installing the platform. Different games have different requirements, and this is your best bet for ensuring that each game runs optimally.

Best,
Meredith

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNFVtRUVmM1MzM3AyRUtnYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9