CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Issue installing crossover on ubuntu 23.04

when i run crossover for the first time it request to add missing components but then it is unable to find a dll

impossible to find package libldap-2.5.0 does not exist
searching for package does not work it only return libpdap2

i do not have this error on 22.04

I have the same problem. Not yed resolved.

I searched for "libldap" in the Synaptic Package Manager and the file you are looking for was listed first in the search results:

libldap-2.5.0
libldap-2.5.0:i386
libldap-common

All of which are already installed in my system (Mint 21.1). There were are other results but they are not currently listed in my system - FYI

Hope this assists

I believe Mint 21 isn't an Ubuntu 23.04 :)
There are no such packages in Ubuntu anymore. And I wasn't able to install them yet somehow from older repos. Probably need more time working on the issue... Or just wait for the next update on Crossover (I hope)

The version of Mint 21.1 I use is based upon Ubuntu.

FYI

Mint 21.1 is based on Ubuntu 22.04 LT, so makes sense that it works there. Ubuntu 23.04 is the version with the issue.

I upgraded from 22.10 to 23.04 a few weeks ago and my crossover works fine.

As far as I know (or knew) there are many "flavours" of Mint. One of them is (was) Debian/Ubuntu based... Maybe you are using a different flavour?

Silvio M Kozasa wrote:

As far as I know (or knew) there are many "flavours" of Mint. One of them is (was) Debian/Ubuntu based... Maybe you are using a different flavour?

Please, forget that. Just checked that most are based on Ubuntu and one in Debian, with differences in the desktop manager.

I just upgraded from 22.10 to 23.04. Crossover-22.0.1-1 was already installed on 22.10 (I didn't reinstall it). Runs fine. I see newer libldap packages installed:

dpkg -l | grep -i libldap
ii libldap-2.4-2:amd64 2.4.57+dfsg-2ubuntu1 amd64 OpenLDAP libraries
ii libldap-common 2.6.3+dfsg-1~exp1ubuntu2 all OpenLDAP common files for libraries
ii libldap2:amd64 2.6.3+dfsg-1~exp1ubuntu2 amd64 OpenLDAP libraries
ii libldap2:i386 2.6.3+dfsg-1~exp1ubuntu2 i386 OpenLDAP libraries

Do you have any of those libldap packages installed? If not, try installing them manually. Maybe crossover is getting confused because it's looking for 2.5 and the available packages are newer?

I had the same issue on Ubuntu 23.04. For me it was solved by using the cxfix script (https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/linux/faq):

Before going too far, be sure to run CrossOver's fix tool. From a terminal, change to CrossOver's binary directory (/opt/cxoffice/bin or ~/cxoffice/bin) and run the following command:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxfix --auto

or

~/cxoffice/bin/cxfix --auto

Running cxfix installs libraries commonly required by Windows applications.

You can also run cxdiag, CrossOver's diagnostic tool, to check your computer for missing libraries and other potential problems. From CrossOver's binary directory, run the following commands:

./cxdiag
./cxdiag64

Running cxdiag outputs a list of libraries the CrossOver needs. Additional information on resolving issues found with cxdiag is available here.

I can confirm that there seems to be no libldap-2.5-0:i386 available in Ubuntu 23.04.

I don’t have the patience to try and fix it, but would eagerly listen if anyone else manages to use CrossOver to install any Windows applications in Ubuntu 23.04.

EDIT: Wow, the instructions in the previous post sure did the trick and CrossOver seems to work just fine.

Thank you for you post @Mortada Abdul Roda.You just save my day!

I searched a lot of web sites, and finally fix this bug.

Thank you @Mortada Abdul Roda, this worked for me as well. I have been staying on 22.04 because of this.

1 to 14 of 14

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieXc0elo5ZkpNNEFwY0hadSIsImdkcHIiOjB9