CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MT4 Loading Error Message

Recently tried to add New MT4 to Crossover, with no success.
• Mac OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan)
• Crossover v 16.1
I also saved copy of install log. .cxlog file

I recently received email note from Oanda telling me to upgrade due to retiring old server. Otherwise MT4 was working fine, on Oanda & 2 other brokers.

Whilst adding, I receive this error message;
"Unsupported Operating system!

Please upgrade to Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, or later. Trading on financial markets requires maximum security and performance."

Anyone have a clue?

Hi Darryl,

My first thought would be to try installing MT4 in a new bottle and switching the Windows version to a more recent one. The CrossTie currently installs it into a Windows 7 bottle, but perhaps now it is looking for Windows 8 or Windows 10?

Thanks,
Anna

Thanks Anna. However still unable to get new copy of MT4 to load.

I've always taken screenshots of what steps are needed to complete installation. Previous menu items have changed.

Here's what I've attempted:
• Download, and installed latest Crossover 17.5
• Open Crossover and select "Install a Windows Application".
• "Select Installer", then "Choose Installer File". Title is "oanda4setup-3.exe". Dash 3 was because of earlier oanda downloads.
• "Select Bottle". I've tried Win7, Win10 and Windows 8. New bottles are created but no MT4 software has opened.
In the past, once I get software loaded, and fill out a few info questions, MT4 opens a new platform. After I close the new platform, an install icon manifests in Crossover window.
Once again at an impasse.

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I forwarded your issue to our support team for further investigation. Good luck!

Thanks Anna.
Downloaded Newest version (Trial) to retest. Will purchase today so I can get official support also.
I hope this experience will help Codeweavers also.
Thanks,
Darryl

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU21QTlluNFpKd3hNQmtociIsImdkcHIiOjB9