CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

If New Crossover for Mojave doesn't work, can I downgrade?

I have a Windows Filemaker 6 Runtime app that I am critically dependent upon; (upgrading that Runtime is not possible.). I have just purchased a new Mac with Mojave. My old Crossover that worked with Sierra, (not High Sierra,) still works, but Crossover makes it clear that it is no longer supported.
I fear that if I get the latest Crossover for Mac, I might have a problem.
First, have there been any particular problems upgrading to the newest Crossover for Mojave?
Most importantly, if I end up with a problem, will I be able to downgrade to my previous version.
Thanks in advance.

Hi William,

I would encourage you to test out the trial version of the newest CrossOver. We have made improvements specifically for Mojave, so it is hopeful that you will not encounter any problems with the upgrade.

You can definitely downgrade your bottles back to an older version of CrossOver if you do encounter new bugs with 18.1. If you see any failures with the new version that were working with the old version, it would be helpful for us if you write a support ticket to let us know -- these could be regressions, and we try our best to find and fix regressions between versions.

Thanks,
Anna

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTEt3RVNydlhyNFJLYXFUTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9