CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

App "failed to recover database?"

I install Sony Sound Organizer on Crossover to manage file created by my old Sony voice recorder. the software works fine on a windows PC and virtual machine. However, I have the "failed to recover database" error with CrossOver. Is this CrossOver related problem, and how can I fix?

Thanks

Hi,
When does this error occur? When launching? It seems that the software may be looking for a directory that doesn't exist (where the database should be located).

Dashton Peccia wrote:

Hi,
When does this error occur? When launching? It seems that the
software may be looking for a directory that doesn't exist (where
the database should be located).

You are correct; it occurs when launching the software. Because I don't have that on real Windows PC and virtual machine, I am not sure if it's the problem of the software itself or CrossOver. Anyway, any idea of what I should do?

Thanks

When you install the Sound Organizer software where do you install it to? The bottles drive_C I assume?

Dashton Peccia wrote:

When you install the Sound Organizer software where do you install
it to? The bottles drive_C I assume?

Yes.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibkNuWHJoN0IyUW1KVVdIdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9