CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Identifying USB Device - CNC Controller

Howdy. I'm trying to get my CNC controller software (CNC Shark Control Panel) working via CrossOver Mac, so I no longer have to rely on using a Windows virtual machine in Parallels Desktop. In order for the application to launch, it needs to be able to detect my CNC machine's hardware controller, which connects to the computer via USB. I read the official instructions for getting CrossOver to recognize USB devices, but the Terminal commands in that article did not reveal any device name for my hardware controller.

I've tried different combinations of Terminal commands, including:

system_profiler SPUSBDataType
ioreg -p IOUSB -w0 -l
diskutil list
df
ls -1 /dev/tty.*

Only the system_profiler and ioreg commands were able to even recognize the CNC controller as a connected device. See system_profiler output below:

ncPOD Controller:

Product ID: 0x056f
          Vendor ID: 0x16c0
          Version: 0.01
          Serial Number: 0001
          Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
          Manufacturer: OEMtech
          Location ID: 0x14100000 / 30
          Current Available (mA): 500
          Current Required (mA): 500
          Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

I tried inputting the name "ncPOD Controller" in the Ports key, as described in the tutorial, but that did not seem to work:

I connected the CNC controller via Parallels Desktop, to see if I could find a different device name through Windows Device Manager:

I tried inputting the name "ncPod" in the Ports key, but still could not get the device to connect through CrossOver. I haven't had a chance to test the name "USBPDO-7" yet. Just wondering if anyone has any insight into identifying the correct device name for this type of USB-connected device. Thank you in advance.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM3l6ZnR6UEd2ZlJXQWNjViIsImdkcHIiOjB9