CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Application doesn't appear in Programs pane

Hello, I have one particular bottle which only shows iExplore and Run Command.... I am able to launch the application via Run Command but I would like to launch it from the Programs pane. How can I add the application to the Programs pane?

Thank you.

Peter

Peter wrote:

Hello, I have one particular bottle which only shows iExplore
and Run Command.... I am able to launch the application via
Run Command but I would like to launch it from the Programs pane.
How can I add the application to the Programs pane?

Thank you.

Peter

Use Run Command, select the application launcher and click on the button "Save Command as Launcher". An icon will then appear in the programs panel.

Cheers

Francisco Madeira wrote:

Use Run Command, select the application launcher and click on the
button "Save Command as Launcher". An icon will then appear in the
programs panel.

Thanks for the quick response, Francisco. I should have also mentioned that I've tried clicking that button but it doesn't actually seem to do anything. I end up having to click Run each time.

I have this same problem. This is a Crossover bug.

It is erratic. Sometimes "Save command as a Launcher" works, and other times it does not. I had it work, and the icon appeared in the panel, and it launched … once. Then it disappeared, and since then I cannot get the icon to reappear. I can run the app just fine, but clicking "Save Command as a Launcher" again does nothing.

I've had this same problem. For me it occurred when I deleted a launcher but then any attempt to recreate the launcher would fail.

What seems to happen is that when you create a Launcher, it creates and then uses something on the lines of a Start Menu shortcut to actually run the application. However, when you delete the Launcher, this shortcut is not deleted which prevents recreating the Launcher.

To work around this, from the "desktopdata/cxmenu" directory inside of the application's bottle, I:

1. Deleted the old shortcut (.lnk) file from the file system
  2. Modified the "cxmenu_macosx.plist" file to remove the key/dict pair related to the shortcut I was trying to recreate.

Your experience may vary depending upon what exactly needs to be cleaned up. Of course, please do be careful about modifying or deleting files on your system unless you are comfortable that you fully understand what you are doing as this can result in serious issues if not performed precisely.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaFhLWFFlbWhjTk5IejNYeCIsImdkcHIiOjB9