CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Not able to install launch icon for app in Bottle

I use an app called Sailwave, and it appears to working perfectly under 19.0.1, however there is a strange issue, which in the scheme of things may not be a show stopper, but it would be nice to sort it out.

As i indicated Sailwave works, users can select to use a couple of Utility apps in conjunction with Sailwave one of these is called SWCList and when installed along with the main app Sailwave it shows, and runs, as expected within the Bottle, however another utility app is called SWPrize and this is not included within the bottle, yet the app is included within the install package, and in fact installs correctly within a Linux environment.

Back to the Crossover environment, when the install process has finished installing using a packaged Windows Installer for the apps, i checked the Application folder within my Mac system ( this is not to be confused with the main Application folder for all the other Mac Apps) under within my USER environment and Crossover has set up a folder with a Sailwave subfolder which includes the main app and the other "utility" apps but not the SWPrize utiliy app.

So using the info in the following link i have tried to create a launch Icon :-

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/create_launcher

But this failed to work, no error just did not appear to do anything.

I tried the procedure as described in the following: -

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/run_only 1

This sort of works in that the app will run some of the time???

What am i doing wrong and is there a way to get a Launcher icon within the Bottle that works please.

And thanks for all the work over the last few months in getting to this stage.

JohnW

Hello?

I am not an expert on this and can try limited things to get my problem fixed, so would appreciate some guidance.....Can anyone offer any form of suggestion(s) on how to resolve the issue reported, please?

Thank You

JohnW

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWk5CZldQa0dmUEo5Nkx6YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9