CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't "Save Command as Launcher"

I had to copy over a previously installed bottle, since it wouldn't install with 19.01/Catalina. Works fine, EXCEPT when I use the Run command for the bottle, and try to save the path to the executable it should call, it doesn't save - every time I click on the Run command, the path field is blank again, so I put the path back in, and the app fires up just fine. There's nothing in ~/Applications/Crossover, but I don't see any problems with the permissions in my home directory. Can I just create/edit some config file, putting the path in there manually? Can I make a .app file myself?

Check security setting CrossOver should have requested permissions for access to some directories, without these permissions CrossOver will be unable to write the launchers.

Same issue here. Did you solve this? I've enabled all permissions I could see in macOS Security Preferences. Save Command as Launcher simply does nothing, and nothing is added to /Applications/Crossover

I have isolated the cause in my case as having a bottle with a period as part of the name. For example, the preconfigured .NET bottle or bottles with x.y.z version numbers

Renaming the bottle without the period might fix this issue

I just noticed this problem yesterday. Can you try duplicating the bottle and see if the launcher magically appears in the new bottle? This could be a bug.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUUtNbmcyZ2E0RzNHZ1FmQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9