CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Windows MultiSim Program

As many have experienced it can be frustrating when a Mac version of an app does not exist. This came up recently for a class I am teaching and wanted to see of Cross Over could help. The app is MultiSim - a circuit simulator. Here is the link to the download file:https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/software-products/download.multisim.html#312060

I will report on my progress.

This app requires .Net so I installed that first. I used a Win10 bottle. Installing the app I get this error:

macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.
Microsoft Edge downloaded this file today at 7:02 PM from www.ni.com.

So it does not work - maybe due to Catalina OS issues

This happens a lot with Windows programs in recent versions of macOS. The easiest workaround is to right-click on the app and select Open when running it the first time. This adds an exception for your Windows app to macOS’s Gatekeeper. Windows apps can’t be notarized so you’re likely to get that message.

Your app may still not work, but you shouldn’t get that message.

Bob C

Thank you for the tip. I went to "Security & Privacy" in system preferences and gave permission for the OS to install from MI.exe. Like you pointed out, I could then have the option to install. Unfortunately even though it stated the program installed, it does not show up as an installed program and does not work. I tried the process again, but it still did not work.

It sounds like it may utilize Windows features that are not covered with cxoffice and wine. This is a modeling and simulation program and could be specialized, or written in an older fashion that has been maintained to just keep it working.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMmtjdVVXN0ZDNjZyTjl1WiIsImdkcHIiOjB9