CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

unable to update steam

steam won't update keeps showing network error, but my internet works perfectly fine, I don't know if it's something I missed and should've downloaded along with steam. there is no anti-virus on my laptop to interfere. please help
MacBookpro 16 2019 intel

I'm also having this issue on an M1 Mac running Crossover 21.0.0.33720.

Steam installs successfully and then immediately attempts to update itself upon the first launch of the application. I see the "Updating Steam" window, and after about 1 minute, I get this error: "Steam - Fatal Error: Steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again."

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling both the bottle and Steam, as well as the tricks outlined in this article, but nothing seems to work.

The native Steam Mac app is able to update correctly.

Hi there,

It's possible that your router settings could be causing this. If you have access to VPN, you can try connecting to that and see if it resolves the issue.

Best,
Meredith

Strange as Steam should be working correctly on CX21, you could try the following.

Secondary click the “Steam” icon within CrossOver and you want to run with options, add the following options -udpforce -allosarches -cef-force-32bit now try to run Steam it should work for that run at least.

I found that disabling 'private relay' in system preferences under icloud solved the issue for me. Unfortunately, not before I tried uninstalling everything… Hope someone finds this helpful.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWUJxWE5tcGZrMnpoZ2NKSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9