CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Windows App with network / broadcast search

Hi, i am testing Crossover with a "unknown application" (its called LANConfig by Lancom.de). Its a Network / Config tool for their devices. The App is working well so far but there is a search function (i think its using broadcasts) to find the devices in the L2 Network (or L3).

The App can communicate direct to other Network Devices - but the search function delivers no results. Can i change the Network settings somehow?

Same problem here also trying to run Lanconfig also not getting any network connection with the app. The app can not run its update, it does not find any network. Will buy CrossOver as soon as this works.

Mayday mayday?

any news about this issue?

Support? Please do not hesitate to help with this. Would be much appreciated.
I am outing myself as paying customer here.

Please be aware that this is a COMMUNITY forum. As stated above. This is not the official support. There's a handy link at the top of the page for that. ;)

I am totally aware. Unfortunately Codeweavers do not respond to my support inquiry so the forum is quite like R2D2 transmitting a message to Luke.

Edit Ryan did contact me just didn’t see the Mail. Sadly no word about broadcast.
Wine 1.19 seems to support Broadcast according to the new features list.

Any news on this matter?

Hi Peter,

No, there is nothing new to report that's different from what Ryan told you: if the tips he offered don't work, then it is likely the case that development would be needed to fix this (and, as he said, our development resources are finite).

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVRUc0NjZVFBVGdrNHJFZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9