CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

updating compatibility DB

I think we need an update to the DB as nothing in it I try runs. Granted on an M1 with 21, but still nothing I own (outside a crashing ESO) runs on my system. I didn't have better luck with 20 so it must be the M1.

Hi Bob,

If you are seeing applications that are rated well, but you aren't able to get them work then you have a few options. First, it's possible that there are some tweaks that are needed to get them running, so I recommend searching the forums or posing questions in the forums yourself. Second, you can definitely submit support tickets: if it's an M1-specific issue, our staff will enter a bug for investigation. And lastly, please keep in mind that the vast majority of the ratings for applications are submitted by users like you, and you can definitely submit ratings with a note about the fact that you're using an M1.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi Bob,

If you are seeing applications that are rated well, but you aren't
able to get them work then you have a few options. First, it's
possible that there are some tweaks that are needed to get them
running, so I recommend searching the forums or posing questions in
the forums yourself. Second, you can definitely submit support
tickets: if it's an M1-specific issue, our staff will enter a bug
for investigation. And lastly, please keep in mind that the vast
majority of the ratings for applications are submitted by users like
you, and you can definitely submit ratings with a note about the
fact that you're using an M1.

Best,
Meredith

Makes sense. For the entry for software, should I note it or is there something I can do to help improve support? Like take ESO for instance, this is my favorite game so want to improve the support. For the time it works Crossover beats the native Mac client and running under Parallels. It locks up hard after 5 minutes. I'd like to help smooth this out. I admit I'm more familiar with using wine on the cli in linux. What can I do to help?

Hi Bob,

To help improve support, I recommend submitting a ticket. Our support staff will try to reproduce and file bugs for developers to take a look at.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidFJ4SDV3MjJHcmZZNW5NbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9