CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problems with Quicken

I have Quicken for Windows installed on my Mac, using Crossover. It has become very buggy--the most important thing is that after I have done a few transactions the account panes all shrink to about a quarter of their original size, making them very difficult ro work with. The resize arrows stop working, and the only solution seems to be to close Quicken and reopen it, a very time-wasting nuisance. Does anyone have any thoughts?
I had raised this and other Quicken issues with Codeweavers by e-mail, but after an initial response that they would get back to me I have heard nothing, despite sending them a number of reminder.

Hi there,

First off, I'm very sorry to hear that you did not get responses to the tickets you submitted. I will follow up to see what happened there.

Second, are you using CrossOver 21? And if so, is it a bottle that you created with CrossOver 21, or is it an older bottle from a prior CrossOver version? I'm not sure if it will help you out, but we did make some crosstie changes for CrossOver 21 that fixed other issues with Quicken on Mac. If you're using an older bottle, you might want to try a new install on 21 to see if that helps.

Best,
Meredith

Thank you, Meredith. Yes, I am not sure why my previous attempts to communicate did not elicit responses after the first one from Brian Mathieu, though I was just using regular e-mail rather than going through this channel.

I had tried several times to reinstall Quicken on CrossOver 21, without success. Now I have just reinstalled CrossOver 21, and this time I was able to reinstall Quicken 2020. I'll let you know if it works better than before.

I already see one continuing glitch: the search box at the top of the window is almost completely hidden by the bar with the name of the file on it--it would be nice if that could be fixed someday. In the meantime, I can continue to use it by using my cursor to erase whatever is there from my previous search, then type in the new search--that seems to work fine.

I'll let you know in a while if I still have other problems.

Thanks again

Jerry

Hi again,

Glad to hear you were able to reinstall Quicken 2020. Keeping my fingers crossed it will work better for you now!

The search bar problem is a known issue, and we're working on a solution :)

Best,
Meredith

I downloaded the most recent Quicken for Mac. They have made vast improvements and it looks and feels but not exactly as the window version. Everything transferred correctly and i have a very large file. I like the new mac version and i am going to keep using it to avoid these types of problems with Crossover.

I'm afraid the old problem resurfaced--and even worse. I was able to enter a lot of transactions, then closed my laptop for a day. When I came back I was able to enter one transaction, then tried a search--and at that point the account pane shrank again, and this time the whole Quicken window shrank with it. Not able to resize using the arrows--so I closed it. (I forgot to see if the green button worked before I closed it.).

And when I restarted Quicken, it goes back to the previous version (2018). After I searched around the computer, I somehow found the new version, but I cannot open it.

Any thoughts on either problem?

Thanks

Jerry

Hi there,

I am rather confused about why Quicken reverted to 2018, so I don't have any ideas there :/

As for the window shrinking, are you changing the monitors that you're using? That's the only thing I can think of.

In any case, my best suggestion is to please submit a new ticket with info about these issues. I'll keep an eye out for it and personally make sure it gets answered.

Best,
Meredith

Thank you, Meredith

I rebooted my computer. Quicken 2018 was still there, but I was able to load Quicken 2020, so we will see what happens now.

Two questions about how Crossover works.

1. For some reason I have two copies of Crossover in my applications folder--Crossover 2 (date modified 8/2/21 at 18:44) and Crossover 3 (date modified 8/2/21 at 19:44). Why those dates I have no idea--I wasn't doing anything with Crossover on those dates. They appear to be completely identical. I did have some problems installing Crossover 21.0 when I did do it, so perhaps I retried when it didn't seem to be working.

What should I do about that? Can I delete one safely? and why do I have numbers on the end of them, rather than simply Crossover, which used to happen when I updated it.

1. And I have many bottles that I guess are inactive. I basically only use Crossover for Quicken, and 9 of the bottles are named with old versions of Quicken, sometimes in multiple copies. Also, I have two bottles named Quicken 2020 and Quicken 2020-2, presumably reflecting the two times when I tried unsuccessfully to load Quicken 2020. There are also bottles labelled win200 and Naviextras_Toolbox_Setup.exe (no idea where those came from). Can I delete all those, leaving only Quicken 2020-3, which is the version I am currently working with.

Hi there,

Answers to your questions:

1. It sounds like you downloaded CrossOver multiple times. The numbers are added to the end by macOS for all applications if you have multiple versions (that is to say, this isn't a CrossOver-specific thing). You can delete the ones you aren't using.

2. And yes, you can delete bottles you aren't using.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicXNWa20yTld2N0VMUWR6dyIsImdkcHIiOjB9