CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Program Startup Issue

I have a program running through CrossOver that crashes or something on startup. If I right click and run with options, the program works fine. Is there some sort of start up delay that kills the program if it doesn't render right away?

Hi there,

What application is this? And are you using CrossOver 21?

Thanks!
Meredith

I am on the current newest release 21.0

The program is "The Dude" by a company called MikroTik which is available here https://mikrotik.com/download

The program runs totally fine if I select run with options, once the window comes up I can close the little run with options window. If I try to run the program normally, the icon shows in my dock but then closes shortly after before it even renders the GUI

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for the response! We do already know about this issue for that application, and plan to have a fix in the next CrossOver release.

Best,
Meredith

Thank you for the response :) just out of curiosity, why is it behaving this way?

Long story short, some memory reservations got dropped between CrossOver 20 and 21 while doing some development around the Menu Helper. This only affects a handful of applications, including The Dude.

Best,
Meredith

Hello,

I am currently testing the latest version of CrossOver for Mac. I am having exactly the same problem as mentioned above. My application is "LCN PRO", which is a utility for programming LCN home automation modules.

Using the "options" everything is working fine. When using a normal start the application does not run.

It would be great if the upcoming update could also fix this.

Best regards

Frank.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZzRRSlNlSHRaSkNDeUdCaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9