CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Wrong graphics card detected - ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT

Hello everyone,
today is the first day I try installing Crossover. Everything works fine but when I open Steam and search for my System Information, it says that my Graphics Card was a ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT. Im using a Mac Mini M1 so somethings must be wrong here but I can't find out what it is. Does somebody have the same problem? Please help me!

First I was trying to play Trails in the sky (because this game has a game configuration settings before you run the game) and I can only choose ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT for the graphics, too. The game runs as expected not fine (only 6-15 FPS).

I thought it was about the game so I installed Terraria. On https://www.applegamingwiki.com/wiki/M1_CrossOver_Windows_compatible_games_list, people say Terraria work just fine via Crossover but again it is super laggy for me.

Bonus: I'm running macOS Monterey Beta 6

Duc Hung Nguyen wrote:

Hello everyone,
today is the first day I try installing Crossover. Everything works
fine but when I open Steam and search for my System Information, it
says that my Graphics Card was a ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT. Im using a
Mac Mini M1 so somethings must be wrong here but I can't find out
what it is. Does somebody have the same problem? Please help me!

First I was trying to play Trails in the sky (because this game has
a game configuration settings before you run the game) and I can
only choose ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT for the graphics, too. The game
runs as expected not fine (only 6-15 FPS).

The GPU being set as an ATI card is done on purpose CX20 would set the GPU as an Nvidia card, setting to ATI Radeon being set would avoid some other annoyances with Nvidia only API's

Duc Hung Nguyen wrote:

I thought it was about the game so I installed Terraria. On
https://www.applegamingwiki.com/wiki/M1_CrossOver_Windows_compatible_games_list,
people say Terraria work just fine via Crossover but again it is
super laggy for me.

Accord to the that wiki https://www.applegamingwiki.com/wiki/Terraria it says "playable" whatever that means, according to Steam this title on Windows uses DirectX9. According to the wiki this title can run natively under Rosetta2.

Duc Hung Nguyen wrote:

Bonus: I'm running macOS Monterey Beta 6

Always avoid a beta OS.

Thank you very much for your help! =))

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVzN0OHVVZUtrbkFGbWZKSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9