CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Skyrim SE - no voices

Hi all,

New to CrossOver here. Just downloaded the app, installed Steam and through Steam I installed Skyrim SE.

All seemed to go smoothly, but when I run Skyrim there are no voices at all. I can hear the background music, ambient noises (like walking), menu noises etc - but no voices at all.

I've had a look around and people are mentioning changing DLLs, but I've no idea how to do that - or if that's even the right approach with the latest version of macOS and CrossOver. Any advice very gratefully received.

MacBook Air M1 (7 core GPU / 8GB RAM)
macOS Big Sur 11.5.2
CrossOver 21.0.0.33720

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tom,

If you install Skyrim SE by searching for and selecting it in the CrossOver software installer (rather than selecting Steam and installing that), the relevant DLL overrides will get set for you automatically.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYnp2dXBWelJxc2FwS016WCIsImdkcHIiOjB9