CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

a 2014 post if anyone can help

There is a post from 2014 titled "Loki 2.4 Spellcrafting - Issues installing"

If any of the people that were involved in it are active on this forum can you please provide a link to the installer LOKI2Setup.msi if you still have it, the dropbox link does not work and this is something I am searching for.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

It seems like the link that was provided, no longer work. I also did my own research online and it is no longer available.

Sorry,
Youa

yes, it seems to have been taken down and the Synthetic Realms creator website no longer has the download link working, so hoping someone might not have emptied their downloaded folder or the OP has it installed still and can ZIP the contents of the folder and re-dropbox them to help out a fellow DAoC player

JPB wrote:

yes, it seems to have been taken down and the Synthetic Realms
creator website no longer has the download link working, so hoping
someone might not have emptied their downloaded folder or the OP has
it installed still and can ZIP the contents of the folder and
re-dropbox them to help out a fellow DAoC player

Did a quick search and found an unofficial mirror http://play.nixian.eu/index.php?page=loki

Thank you Dean,
The link on the Nixian website is for version 1.4 of the software when it was a local installer, sadly there were some changes to the crafting system that were not introduced in Loki until 2.4/2.5, and then updated to a newer version that is another change to the system in 2.5.2. (that I currently have installed and am looking to downgrade from)

The version from the original post that had me so excited was how it was a 14meg download, since the installer for 2.5.2 is 452kb and a web install.

Once again I do thank you for your link and help.

Over the course of my searching I have taken 7 or 8 old hard drives (both sata and IDE) and run an uneraser program on them to see if possibly any of the install directory or files can be recovered, with no luck so far.

I’m assuming you’ve already done this but have you tried checking internet archive?

I have, waybackmachine has been considering blocking my IP for all my crazy attempts, it says the download was never archived, if you know of a different one I would love to give it a try, even checked some torrent search engines to see of there was an old installer on there. main issue with that one was so many episodes of the Loki tv show

I know the guy who made it. Maybe I'll see if he has it and get him to do a drop on any versions that he has. If I don't get back to you within a week it'll be because he doesn't have them anymore.

Going to say thank you for the attempt, guessing Heimdl left it all in the past.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiem5UdDdiTmE0Vlk0RWc1TiIsImdkcHIiOjB9