CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Executable supports only Windows NT Series

I get the error message "This executable supports only Windows NT Series(NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Seven) when I install a bottle with a Windows 32-bit application (a university organizational application) and launch it. The application installed fine.

Crossover Mac version 21
macOS: Big Sur 11.5.2

Interestingly, it works fine on another Mac I have (Crossover 21, macOS Big Sur 11.6). The application launches and works as expected.

Any ideas/pointers for troubleshooting this message? Any settings in CrossOver that could be causing this? Thanks.

Hi there,

If you archive the working bottle on one machine and import it into CrossOver on the other machine, does it work any better?

Best,
Meredith

Thanks Meredith. I'll try that out and give an update.

Tried importing the bottle archive from the working computer but it still doesn't work. Same error when launching the application - "This executable supports only Windows NT Series (NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Seven)".

Any other ideas? Thank you.

Hi again,

What other differences are there between your two machines? Is one Intel and one M1, for example?

Best,
Meredith

Working computer:
MacBook Air (13 inch, Early 2015)
Processor: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Failing computer:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Mid 2014)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

One other difference is that I used CrossOver 19 on the working computer before to run the same software. I'm trying CrossOver (version 21) on the other computer for the first time.

Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks.

Sounds like your app thinks it’s running in Windows 98 or 95. Click on the bottle, then go to control panels, then open Configuration panel and look at the Applications tab. If you click on Default Settings, what does it say next to ‘Windows Version”? Also check and see if the application name (e.g., “UniversityApp.exe”) appears in the app list, click on it and see if there’s a different Windows version in the box at the bottom of the window.

Not sure that’s what’s happening here, but my best guess…

Thanks Eric. That was my first guess too. I did check that and the default settings was set to Windows 7. I also tried adding the application's exe manually to the list and set it to Windows 7, but received the same error.

I don't have the Mac with me right now, I'll check it again and post an update later. Thanks.

Bhanu Prakash wrote:

Working computer:
MacBook Air (13 inch, Early 2015)
Processor: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Failing computer:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Mid 2014)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

One other difference is that I used CrossOver 19 on the working
computer before to run the same software. I'm trying CrossOver
(version 21) on the other computer for the first time.

Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks.

It might be worth trying Crossover 19 or 20 then, I've had a few issues with Crossover 21

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicWNMSEpMWVkybXQ3VFV5biIsImdkcHIiOjB9