CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

when I try to run a game it immediately closes.

I'm writing this because I don't know what to do.
I got two games with crossover which at the beginning would run. I decided to play one, finish it and then play the other. When I went to open the other it wouldn't run and after trying and trying the game I had played wouldn't run either. I'm very upset because I was so determined to play these games that I spent over 100 dollars on these games and crossover and now I can't even play them.
please help me and how to do technical stuff.

The first thing to do is to open a support ticket:
https://www.codeweavers.com/contact-us

It’s hard to offer suggestions without knowing any details. Don’t be obtuse: Instead of saying “two games” say exactly what those games are. Tell us the exact model of your Mac. Tell us what version of MacOS you are using. Tell us the version number of Crossover you are using.

The only suggestion I have given the information you provided is to be sure you install each unrelated Windows application into its own bottle. If you do that, nothing you do or that one application does while running that application can affect the other application. At all.

Joanna Abrahams wrote:

When I went to open the other it wouldn't run and after trying and trying the game I had played wouldn't run either.

I had this same issue. In my case I discovered some crossover installed apps had their access privileges revoked. When you first used it probably asked you if app could access local folder such as ~/Documents. But if you look in System Settings/Privacy & Security/Files & Folders/[App] you might see that the access is turned off. Turn it back on and that should fix it. That's what worked for me. Good luck.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOGVWRkFzZnJOMzZDRXhidyIsImdkcHIiOjB9