CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error attempting to install Microsoft Visual C++

I am trying to run a game on my Mac book air M1 Big Sur 11.6 with crossover 21.2 win7 bottle, a message that asks me to install the missing Microsoft visual c++ component shows up and I am unable to run the game. Then I downloaded what seems to be what I need, an .exe file called vc_redist.x64.exe which should install the VC component but this error is shown every time I try to run it: wine: "Unhandled page fault on read access to 00000000 at address 0035AF87 (thread 002c), starting debugger..."
Log reads:
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 00000000 at address 0035AF87 (thread 002c), starting debugger...
002c:err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger L"winedbg --auto 40 48" (2)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
0024:fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
0034:fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
003c:err:ole:start_rpcss Failed to open service manager
0034:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 00000000 1 00000000 0 stub
0034:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 00000000 1 00000000 0 stub
0034:fixme:ntdll:NtQueryInformationToken QueryInformationToken( ..., TokenElevation, ...) semi-stub
003c:err:ole:start_rpcss Failed to open service manager

Have anyone else ran into this problem and are there any solutions?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicll3TlVRdHBHOFN3TGdUUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9