CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

It’s that time of year again…CrossOver and macOS betas

Hi folks,

We’ve been getting plenty of inquiries about the macOS Sonoma beta, so I wanted to give you a bit more background about how we typically go about offering support for new macOS versions.

macOS Sonoma is currently in developer beta, the purpose of which is to allow developers to test their own applications for compatibility. While we understand it can be disappointing for end users who decide to try out the developer beta to see that applications like CrossOver are not working right away, it’s not unexpected. The target audience for developer betas is developers, not end users. That same beta is also our first chance to see the changes and figure out what we need to do for support. It’s always a top priority for both our QA and developer teams to install the developer beta when it is ready and start testing CrossOver.

As many of you found, CrossOver 22.1.1 does not work on Sonoma and will not be supported there. We already know what the problem is, and we will have a fix for CrossOver 23. We will also do a deep testing dive to identify and fix any other potential bugs.

That brings me to question of when official support will be announced. Betas are always unstable, so we cannot in good faith claim support for a macOS version still in beta. We will work on fixing problems as we find them, but we ultimately have to wait for a stable Sonoma release before we can say that we have an officially supported CrossOver version for Sonoma.

Lastly, I’d also like to remind everyone that CodeWeavers does not recommend the use of beta OS versions, and for the reasons mentioned above, we cannot offer support for them. When our beta center is open, we are happy to receive testing reports from OS betas, but our official stance is that you’re using them at your own risk.

Thanks,

Meredith

CrossOver Product Manager

Meredith, in the Crossover 23 release announcement you wrote, "Currently, CrossOver 23 runs on the Sonoma beta, but there are definitely known issues. We are working on fixes, and we plan to release an update to CrossOver 23 that will be fully compatible with it."

Is Crossover 23.0.1 the "update to CrossOver 23 that will be fully compatible" or is another update expected soon to add the needed compatibility?

I'm not in a huge rush to upgrade from Ventura to Sonoma but I'd like to know if it's "safe" to upgrade MacOS on Tuesday when Sonoma's retail release is expected or if I should wait for the next point update to Crossover.

Hi John,

CrossOver 23.5 is currently in beta, and that version will be fully compatible with macOS Sonoma :)

Best,
Meredith

Is there something special we have to do to install the beta version? I've already upgraded to Sonoma, and everything I use was working fine till I deleted a bottle and all bottles stopped launching (their control panels were gone too with the 'scanning...' that I let run for 9 hours today)

Chris Kozanecki wrote:

Is there something special we have to do to install the beta version? I've already upgraded to Sonoma, and everything I use was working fine till I deleted a bottle and all bottles stopped launching (their control panels were gone too with the 'scanning...' that I let run for 9 hours today)

Hi Chris,

That doesn't sound like any issue I've seen with Sonoma. Does rebooting your computer help? I recommend entering a support ticket for further assistance.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYUhTVmJDY2thRnV0Vjc1ZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9