CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Use of NDIS functions

Hello all,

I am trying to run an application that fails with a bunch of errors:

Exec-ing '"/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/bin/wine" --bottle "Standalone Apps" --check --wait-children --start "C:/users/crossover/Start Menu/NFirmwareEditor.lnk" --cx-log -'
fixme:wer:WerSetFlags (2) stub!
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32" failed to start: 1053
wine: Call from 0x7b82b5ff to unimplemented function ndis.sys.NdisRegisterProtocol, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function ndis.sys.NdisRegisterProtocol called at address 0x7b82b5ff (thread 0024), starting debugger...
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"configSections" in state 2
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"section" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"nlog" in state 2
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"targets" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"target" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"rules" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"logger" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:parse_supported_runtime sku=L".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" not implemented
err:mscoree:load_mono Could not load Mono into this process

I do have Mono installed, and it appears that it gets buggered with the "wine: Call from 0x7b82b5ff to unimplemented function ndis.sys.NdisRegisterProtocol, aborting". I've done some research into Wine, and it appears that Wine v1.9.5 introduced a stub for it, but perhaps not a full implementation?

Being sort of a newbie here, do I have any other options to run this application?

Thanks,

M

Are you using CrossOver 15 or older? Have you tried CrossOver 16?

We have a free trial of all of our versions ... 16 includes the stub you mention, so it may work better for you.

Hmmm... Yes, I run 15.3.1.

I will give 16 a go. Thanks.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ0NtbVo1UTdkaEx6cm5nUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9