CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

OSX HS Beta

I think the latest beta of OSX HS (Nov 3rd) breaks CrossOver, anyone else unable to create new bottles or launch?

I can confirm that issue. Having the same problem with CrossOver for Mac 16.2.5 and High Sierra Beta 10.13.2. Had to restore my system from a Time Machine backup before I had full functionality again. The CrossOver application would launch, but none of my Bottles displayed any Wine configuration settings in the "Control Panels" section, and they refused to start.

Same issue here.

Hello Folks,

We have had a few reports of CrossOver not being able to create bottles. This is caused by running MacOS HS 10.13.2 beta. We reached out to Apple about this, they are aware of the issue, and will be resolved in an update. If it is immediate, please make sure you have a backup so you can revert to a stable OS.

Please be aware of Apple's terms and conditions about beta OS:
Precautions for the use of Pre-Release Software, "applications and services you have installed or been using may be unable to run or function in the same manner because of your use of the Pre-Release Software." The Pre-Release Software is not intended for use, and should not be used, in production or business-critical systems."

In short, if you need to run the beta OS, run it on a partition or a bootable external drive.

Thank you.

Same here. latest beta still not fixed.

Tested and working with latest macOS High Sierra 10.3.2 Beta (10C76a).

Crossover is working for me this morning after I installed the latest update to HS Beta yesterday afternoon. I only use one application with Crossover (Accuterm 7).

We have just released CrossOver 17.1 for macOS and Linux, which includes a fix for the severe freezing issue on High Sierra, described in this post. If you have an active CrossOver 17 license and CrossOver 17 broke with High Sierra, contact info@codeweavers.com and we will upgrade you for FREE. If you have a license that includes the upgrade, please go here and log in to access the installer, or contact our support team if you need further help.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM1g4cDM4N1I4dWdXbTY1MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9