CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Subscription License Confusion

I saw a pitch from Boing Boing offering Crossover17 for MAC for $20 and I purchased it. Does this license expire?

Your license is your the period in which you get new versions as they become available.

The software itself does not expire - that is - if you have a Crossover 17 license, as long as you only use Crossover 17 you can continue to use that version until you, yourself expire 😇 .

Your license, which covers upgrades as they become available, is valid for 12 month from your date of purchase.

I bought Crossover 17 on the 22nd January 2018.
Today I got an upgrade message saying that users "had serious problems using CrossOver" with High Sierra.
But I can't upgrade from v.17 to v 17.1 to fix these problems because I have to buy a 'Support Extension'.

Really!?

After one month, and it's an upgrade to fix serious flaws....

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Kenneth Wilkinson wrote:

I bought Crossover 17 on the 22nd January 2018.
Today I got an upgrade message saying that users "had serious
problems using CrossOver" with High Sierra.
But I can't upgrade from v.17 to v 17.1 to fix these problems
because I have to buy a 'Support Extension'.

Really!?

After one month, and it's an upgrade to fix serious flaws....

This issue has been forwarded to the [b]Official CodeWeavers Ticket
System[/b]. If you have observed this issue and would like to
report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to
info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a
link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Hi Kenneth,

I forwarded your query to our support team, where I am hopeful you can get reasonable help and a resolution. We do take issues like the High Sierra trouble seriously and want to keep our customers up and running.

Thank you Josh,

I received an email from support telling me that I could now upgrade to 17.1.
Thank you for your quick and efficient response, and taking the time to help me.

Kenneth

I purchased my copy from apple world today deals. on January 18, no mention of a single time (no upgrade period at all) was mentioned. What the hell kind of software company offers a this is the only software you get no upgrades or fixes at all for you? Standard software includes at least a year of upgrades/fixes. If this is truly the case, I'm never doing business with them again. Additionally, I will place a warning on every site I see their software advertised.

I'm still kinda confused. I purchased Crossover 17. Does Crossover 17.1.0 constitute new software because where do I download it?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVDRoc1pIM050S3Jtd3NTSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9