CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Irfanview Reinstall Going Wrong

I had to remove an Irfanview bottle, then reinstalled Irfanview and Plugins (32 bit).

Now, everything seems wrong, especially with trying to open a picture file (jpg) by double clicking.

It seems to be trying to open i_view32 and crossover at the same time, and it hangs.

The only way I can get it to work is to open crossover, open the irfanview bottle, and clicking on the icon itself. Obviously this isn't the best way to go for
a picture viewer.

Any thoughts?

Update: It appears the issue may be beyond the installation of Codeweavers. I want to open irfanview when double clicking on .jpg files.

I did this long ago by exposing irfanview to the Applications folder, which allowed me to change what opens by doubleclicking .jpg files using getinfo.

Now, however, the new security features prevent this, even with Ctrl-Click, because Apple now looks at each file as its own application.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaGVnNkZkMldGZFBWVnZmWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9