CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bottle Creation Fails

Hi there,
Whenever I try to create a new bottle in CrossOver, I get a Bottle creation failed error with the details below. This never used to happen before but happens with the latest 19.0.2 version. I even tried rolling back to 19.0.1 but it still has the same problem. I am running macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101).

How do I fix this and get it working again?

preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 0000000000010000-0000000000110000
preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 0000000000110000-0000000068000000
wine: Invalid address.
preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 0000000000010000-0000000000110000
preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 0000000000110000-0000000068000000
wine: Invalid address.
winewrapper.exe:error: cannot execute L"Z:\\Applications\\CrossOver.app\\Contents\\SharedSupport\\CrossOver\\lib64\\wine\\rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection win10Install 128 Z:\\Applications\\CrossOver.app\\Contents\\SharedSupport\\CrossOver\\share\\crossover\\bottle_data\\crossover.inf"
setup:error: 'rundll32 win10Install crossover.inf' failed
cxbottle:error: unable to create the 'Windows' bottle in '/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Windows'

Don't know, I've never used Crossover, and now trying. Creating any bottle fails. Running Mojave 10.14.6 & Crossover 19.0.1. Same result with Win 7, Win 8, Win 10 64-bit.

2020-10-16 08:36:36.426 wine-preloader[35711:3699222] *** Assertion failure in -[NSCoder(Exceptions) failWithError:](), /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/Foundation/Foundation-1575.300/Foundation/ObjC.subproj/NSCoder.m:504
wine: configuration in '/Users/me/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Win7-64' has been updated.
wine: Procedure not found.
setup:error: 'rundll32 win7Install crossover.inf' failed
cxbottle:error: unable to create the 'Win7-64' bottle in '/Users/me/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Win7-64'

Same problem here... on v20 and I cannot create any bottle . I get the same error message on latest version on MacOS

Any advise anyone is very much appreciated

I really hate to suggest this but I had a similar problem when I first up dated to Catalina. In the end I had to use AppCleaner to remove every trace of the app and then reinstall from scratch. That worked and I have no problems since. 😯 😊

Unfortunately this didn't work either for me. Removing and install from new, even with the AppCleaner gives me the same error

There is one other solution. If this does not work you could possibly need to reinstall your system as it could have a corruption in it. Restart your Mac in Safe Mode. That will disable any and all extensions that could be causing the problem. If you can create the bottles then you likely have a conflicting extension. 😕

One other thought! I would download a new installer. Again delete the current install and see what happens. After your earlier note I deleted my app and reinstalled it fresh in this nightmare called Catalina and I had no problems even with the horde of extensions that I have onboard.

The most likely problem is that you have some antivirus software installed that is incorrectly flagging and/or deleting CrossOver files. We have a basic how-to on telling your A/V software to ignore CrossOver here: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/bitdefender

Some A/V software actually deletes CrossOver files without your permission, so the best practice is to download a new CrossOver installer after you disable your A/V software.

We have talked to various A/V companies, and the only way they have given us to "solve" this problem is for folks to report the incorrectly flagged files to them so that their algorithm can learn that those files are actually safe. We are deeply grateful for everyone who has been doing this :)

Another possible cause is if you do not have enough space in the location where the bottles are being stored. If you are running very low on storage, try freeing up some disk space :)

Thanks,
Anna

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNDhyeWE3dWdneFpoWDVQMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9