CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Halo: MCC issue

So now with the release of CrossOver 20 & the new support for DX11 I decided to give this game a shot again and it executes and opens with no tweaking. However the issue now lies in the fact that it requires you to sign in to an Xbox account from an overlay that displays on the main menu and it never appears. Is this an issue that is not resolvable or is there a component I can install into the bottle that will allow the overlay to appear.

Now that CrossOver Mac support DXVK it’s good idea to also check Proton Linux database for any possible tips.
https://www.protondb.com/app/976730

Keep in mind that DXVK version in CrossOver 20 for Mac is a patched 1.51v and Metal still has some “missing components” (best to update to latest Catalina or Big Sur) so some games that work on Linux will not work on Mac.

Yeah I actually checked that which is why it's even more confusing because over there it shows it pretty much "just works". The first post even mentions the Xbox sign in.

This "just works" posts can't always be taken for granted until it's "just work on my machine" :)

Here is the more detailed Proton Linux reports on Halo MCC actually reporting the same issue as You have
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/2907#issuecomment-561441995

Ok, thats unfortunate hopefully in future updates to the Wine bundled in CrossOver this will start working but one can only hope, thanks for the information!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRW5WRzZTTFpCR2VQMkJHdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9