CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout 76 audio stuttering

I have gotten fallout 76 to start and run (2014 Intel Mac mini+Vega56 egpu). It doesn't run great, even at low res, but it's running. The sound though is stuttering real bad. I have one override for xaudio2_7 (native, builtin). It seems to get a little better if I set the format in the midi settings to 32/96. Most anything lower causes a lot of audio stuttering and crackling.

Fallout76 Audio is still stuttering pretty bad. Running now on a Mac Pro 5,1 Vega56. Audio does not work initially, have to install Directx for modern games, then set Xaudio2_7 to native to get sound in the game. Audio in this game runs flawlessly on linux with faudio. Has anyone run across audio issues with this game? (on Catalina 10.15.7). The mouse is also barley moving while in the game, it works mostly ok in the menus, a bit laggy, but in game it almost doesn't move.

Hi there,

Do you see any improvement if you also set native overrides for x3daudio1_6, x3daudio1_7 and xaudio2_6?

Best,
Meredith

The reason for the audio cracking on macOS is the default audio bitrate is different.

The way to fix Skyrim (none SE) was setting to WinXP, the alternative was forcing the systems audio to 16bit 48000Hz.

FAudio that’s bundled within CrossOver for macOS wasn’t built against ffmpeg so your forced to use Microsoft’s xact engine dlls.

I tried the dll overrides as suggested, they do not make a difference in it. If you don't set the override for xaudio2_7, there won't be any audio at all after the initial starting video. Setting the mac audio to 24-bit 96khz seemed to make it a little better, but it will still crackle. The mouse lag is terrible, I'm still working on that. Ok, the mouselag is much better, and doesn't get stuck anymore, but it creates severe frame tearing. setting iPresetInterval=0 in Fallout76Custom.ini fixes the mouselag, but introduces severe tearing. Setting bBackgoundMouse=1 fixes the mouse not moving at all. The audio still stutters, and the game will make you motion sick with these settings, but it becomes playable, relatively speaking.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUGFYeEZVVG0yRjVGNkh1TSIsImdkcHIiOjB9