CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Black screen with HUD visible

I guys,

I've recently tried to install the pc version of Octopath Travelers in my Mac using crossover. The minimum requirement for the game are:

Processor: AMD FX-4350 / Intel® Core™ i3-3210
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon™ R7 260X (2GB VRAM) / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750(2GB VRAM)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 5 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Additional Notes: 30+ FPS @ 1280x720 / graphics preset “LOW”

I firstly installed in a Windows 7 (64 bit) bottle DirectX 11. After then I Installed Octopath Traveler. At start, the game didn't want to launch, because the file .exe "has encounted a serious problem and must be shut". Therefore, i went to the Bottle settings and enabled "DVXVK backend for D3D11" and this partially fixed the problem. The game launch and all works great until I start the new game: the screen remains black and all' I can see are the initial dialogues, the map, and the objective. The menu instead is totally visibile and works perfectly.

I did some research and I hypothesized the real problem is or DirectX 11 (not totally supported in crossover maybe?) or D3D11 anyway. Or maybe the game simply doesn't not work in crossover?

Anyone would be so kind to give me any help or suggestion about i could do?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Unfortunately, this is a known issue on CrossOver Mac :/ This game uses geometry shaders, which are not supported by Metal (Apple's graphics API).

Best,
Meredith

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

So basically there is no solution at the moment right?

Unfortunately that is correct.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, this is a known issue on CrossOver Mac :/ This game
uses geometry shaders, which are not supported by Metal (Apple's
graphics API).

Best,
Meredith

Did Chip remove the custom extension from the CX DXVK, as he added an extension to avoid geometry shaders?, or maybe the provided custom extension doesn’t cover geometry shaders well enough?

Some issues are related to the lack of transform feedback (Invisible enemy’s in Witcher3)

Unfortunately, we haven't found a way to work around all geometry shader issues :/

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Unfortunately, we haven't found a way to work around all geometry
shader issues :/

Best,
Meredith

That’s a shame.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTWtYUnd6OHlzVk15dHlDcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9