CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam Title Bar

Hi,

My steam has this white title bar like this.

Anyone has same problem?

Thank you.

Sorry Image from Imgur doesn't work.
This is the link to the screenshot: Steam Title Bar

Hi,

I have just checked mine and it is in dark mode - no white title bar at the top, using the 28052021 nightly build.

Yes using CrossOver 21 it's fine, the issue is on CrossOver 20.

The problem was due to an entry in CrossOver info.plist forcing the theme as the GUi didn’t support DarkMode so this also gets applied to the launches wine(64/32on64) processes.

One way I've found to prevent this is to go to your Steam bottle, look for a control panel called "Wine Configuration", click on the Applications tab, and click on Steam.exe. Down on the lower left corner of the Applications tab, look for "Windows version". Set this to Windows 7.

This might break some games if they require Steam to be running on a Windows version higher than Win10. But I haven't had any problems with it. Let me know if it works; it usually works great for me.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV0pWa1FySmc1ZnRaUThkayIsImdkcHIiOjB9