CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Inconsistent behavior with Steam on CrossOver

New to CrossOver and bought it to play Steam games on my Mac Mini 2018 running OS 11.4 with 6-core i5 3GHz with 16GB RAM and 512GB HD with 164GB free. In my trial I tested Borderlands Pre-Sequel and it ran fine. I bought CrossOver and Borderlands Enhanced, Black Mesa and Halo, Master Chief Collection.

After a weird series of crashes and errors, I deleted the whole mess, reinstalled CrossOver, created a new Steam bottle and reinstalled games. Borderlands GOTY enhanced never gets past the play button on the splash screen, Black Mesa loads past the intro, then always crashes, Borderlands GOTY (nonenhanced) runs, but has large blocks of white screen, with only the outline of graphics and Steam tells me I don't have enough space to install Halo - limits me to 30GB, but I have more free space on my Mac.

I can still play Borderland Pre-Sequel though.

I do have a support ticket open for the original errors, but this doesn't seem to be normal.

Any suggestions?

Dale

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY3NWUGs2NDNYbmN1N0FjcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9