CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

XBox One Wireless Controller no longer working on Crossover 22. Was working on 21.

Does anyone else have issues getting your xbox one controller to work on crossover 22? I can see it on the game controller settings but it’s not getting detected in game. I’ve tested with both my Witcher 3 and Fallout NV bottle, both was working on Crossover 21.

I’ve submitted a support case on this. Let’s see what the team comes back too. But wanted to see if it’s just me or anyone else here is also facing the issue.

I can confirm that the controller works on MacOS Apple Arcade games on my Intel-based MacBook Pro running Monterey

On an Elite 2 controller, but same issue. Stopped working after upgrading Crossover. Probably a bad sdl2 version bundled with crossover from other posts I've read?

I finally figured out how to fix it. You have to go to the Game Controllers settings in the bottle and override the controllers that CrossOver detects.
The following screenshot is how it needs to be for the bottle to properly detect and get the controller working.
image link: https://www.atpeaz.com/crossover-22-override-xbox-controller-fix/
*somehow I can't seem to embedded it here.

For some reason, it needs to be the one called "Xbox Wireless Controller" that is to be Connected and the other Disabled. Even though if you check the Test Joystick tab, its the one called "Controller (Xbox One For Windows)" that you can see any input working which threw me off on which one to override to make it work. 😖

I am having the same issue on Xbox Elite 2 controller.
The game controller interface has two same choices "Controller(Xbox One For Windows)". On the "Test joystick" interface one "Controller(Xbox One For Windows)" is working but another is not. And it is no way to disable the unworking one.

Turning one controller off doesn’t fix it for me

Butcherpang wrote:

The game controller interface has two same choices "Controller(Xbox One For Windows)". On the "Test joystick" interface one "Controller(Xbox One For Windows)" is working but another is not. And it is no way to disable the unworking one.

Did you try using the same method I got it working again? Override both controllers, but disable the "Controller(Xbox One For Windows)" that is working. Since yours are both named the same, I guess you will have to go over to the test panel to see if you have disabled the right one. You will know when you no longer see the controller working in the test panel. Weird but see if that works for you too

Ah, now it works. Sorry I misunderstood the fix. You turn off the one that works in the test panel. The opposite of what you would expect... But now the controller works. Only trouble is the weekend is over and so is playtime :-(

Raya wrote:

Ah, now it works. Sorry I misunderstood the fix. You turn off the one that works in the test panel. The opposite of what you would expect... But now the controller works. Only trouble is the weekend is over and so is playtime :-(

Yea. The fix is counterintuitive. I was just messing around and see what might happen if I swap it around and lo and behold, it worked. A really weird bug.

And same here too, figured out the fix too late and missed a full weekend of free time :(

Figure out by my self.

Same for "Playstation 5" Controller.

Deactivate the "Wireless" Controller and "Override" the "Dual Sense Controller"

Codewaevers have to fix this issue, that each physical controller has two entries. A generic one and the right named one.

It worked very much better on Crossover 21

Hi. I just recieved my Xbox One Elite Series 2 Core and I don't have two options in Controllers Settings in CrossOver. Unfortunately i Have only that one which is not working. I am disappointed,, because i bought this controller only for gaming on my MacBook. Gamepad is updated. MBP 16", M1 Max, MacOS 12.6, CrossOver 22.0.0.35473.

Mateusz Niemiec wrote:

Hi. I just recieved my Xbox One Elite Series 2 Core and I don't have two options in Controllers Settings in CrossOver. Unfortunately i Have only that one which is not working. I am disappointed,, because i bought this controller only for gaming on my MacBook. Gamepad is updated. MBP 16", M1 Max, MacOS 12.6, CrossOver 22.0.0.35473.

Looks like your controller is only being detected via SDL, sadly the Xbox Elite controllers are known to not work via SDL on macOS until very recently https://github.com/libsdl-org/SDL/issues/5781 closed only 10 days ago and isn’t marked until the next major SDL2 release.

Dean Greer wrote:

Looks like your controller is only being detected via SDL, sadly the Xbox Elite controllers are known to not work via SDL on macOS until very recently https://github.com/libsdl-org/SDL/issues/5781 closed only 10 days ago and isn’t marked until the next major SDL2 release.

Thanks for replying.
I am not happy about waiting until November for the next release but I hope it will at least fix it.
I tried to play on crossover 21.2 and there the Elite 2 is shown as Joystick0 and it is working but with key mapping issues. There is something messed up with triggers and right analog. It is still unplayable but at least in CrossOver 21.2 controller is visible. Maybe you know how to fix just mapping in 21.2?

@peaz wrote:

Butcherpang wrote:

Did you try using the same method I got it working again? Override both controllers, but disable the "Controller(Xbox One For Windows)" that is working. Since yours are both named the same, I guess you will have to go over to the test panel to see if you have disabled the right one. You will know when you no longer see the controller working in the test panel. Weird but see if that works for you too

Thanks for the reply. I've tried several times, but it is not working...I've given up...

this Is what I've encountered
https://youtu.be/aEwRcUaGLlo

any more ideas😥?

Butcherpang wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I've tried several times, but it is not working...I've given up...

this Is what I've encountered
https://youtu.be/aEwRcUaGLlo

any more ideas😥?

I’d explained this in my comment

Dean Greer wrote:

If you can’t wait build libsdl2 from git for x86_64 target and replace the copy shipped in CrossOver inside its lib64 directory, just don’t ask for any support from CodeWeavers after modifying CrossOver.

Hi, I'm using a Nimbus controller on my MB. Same problem for me, controller doesn't work on the latest version of crossover.

I downgraded so I can still play. Is thus the same issue as the xbox controller, and do I have te wait for an update?

thx

Rob wrote:

Hi, I'm using a Nimbus controller on my MB. Same problem for me, controller doesn't work on the latest version of crossover.

I downgraded so I can still play. Is thus the same issue as the xbox controller, and do I have te wait for an update?

thx

Hi there,

We released a fix for xbox controllers with the 22.0.1 release.

Best,
Meredith

Yes thank you I know, but my Nimbus controller still doesn't work with the 22.0.1 version. In the controller config of this version the Nimbus is stated connected in the middle section as xinput device, not in the upper section.

Rob wrote:

Yes thank you I know, but my Nimbus controller still doesn't work with the 22.0.1 version. In the controller config of this version the Nimbus is stated connected in the middle section as xinput device, not in the upper section.

Ah okay, if you're using 22.0.1 and seeing an issue, then it's not the same issue as the xbox controller bug. We will be including controller changes in our upcoming 22.1 release, so I'd recommend trying that out once it's available.

Best,
Meredith

If I buy an official Microsoft Xbox Series X wireless controller (without wireless adapter), and directly connect it via Bluetooth to my Mac (Ventura 13.0.1; Apple M1 Max), can I expect it to work fully on Steam games (in particular NieR:Automata) as of Crossover 22.0.1?

Will it work without any special setup, or is there a trick to getting it working? Thanks.

Update: My Microsoft Xbox Series X/S wireless controller works perfectly for playing NieR:Automata on my M1 Mac with Crossover 22.0.1. I just paired the controller to my Mac by turning on the controller and holding down the pairing button until it was detected in the macOS System Settings's Bluetooth menu (wherein I clicked the "Connect" button to connect to it).

The controller's model details are:

• Xbox WLC M White EN/XT/ZH/JA/KO Japan H dwr Robot White
  • QAS-00005

I didn't get the wireless adapter because Macs have Bluetooth receivers internally.

Some sources to give a bit more confidence:

From Apple's support site:

Supported Xbox game controllers:

Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth (Model 1708)
Xbox Wireless Controller Series S
Xbox Wireless Controller Series X
Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
Xbox Adaptive Controller

This confirms that Series X/S are supported.

From Xbox's support site:

Feature Apple support
Connect via USB cable Not supported
Connect via Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows Not supported
Connect via Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 Not supported
Connect via Bluetooth (new Xbox Wireless Controllers for Xbox Series X/S) iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, tvOS 14.5
Connect via Bluetooth (Xbox One controllers with Bluetooth capability, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, and the Xbox Adaptive Controller) iOS 13+, iPad OS 13+, tvOS 13+, macOS Catalina
Accessories attached to the controller Not supported
Audio through controller Not supported
Firmware updates Update your controller's firmware from an Xbox console or PC.
Remapping Xbox Elite Wireless Controller functions in the Xbox Accessories app Not supported
Remapping Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 functions in the Xbox Accessories app Not supported

This clarifies that direct Bluetooth connection is supported on macOS Catalina and above, though connection via USB cable or wireless adapter (again, you don't need this separately-sold adapter as all Macs have Bluetooth receivers internally) is not.

From the previous comments, It seems that controllers that still they're deleted from older version is the culprit. I managed to get it working by disabling it in winecfg and using the newer detected Xbox controller. Try that and see if that does help.

Best regards,
Artur Portella.

I would use another controller in the interim, appears this should be addressed in 22.1 per Meredith's response. I've even tried replacing the SDL2 files in Crossover to no avail, controller input is still not working from my Xbox Elite Controller 2. Other controllers are still working fine for me though.

I'm on Version 22.1.1 (22.1.1.35679) with an XBOX Controller. I only see one option as "Controller(Xbox One For Windows)" in the conected list, but it's not working in GTA 5. Not sure what to do.

I'm on a Mac Ultra (13.2.1) but without the latest upgrade while waiting to ensure that CrossOver and GTA 5 will still work after the upgrade.
My ver of CO is also 22.1.1 and I'm playing GTA 5 just fine. In fact it's possible that the memory management has made it a bit better. I say a bit as I had a crash after an explosion at O'Neil's farm, but worked on the 2nd play through. My Xbox controller is a model 1797 (Elite Series 2).

1 to 24 of 24

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZHRVaGNONzdFcFZrc05YYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9