CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GTA V Online Crash or Freeze Randomly

I don't know if it's just me or if this is happening for everyone, but GTA V Online has been crashing for me pretty randomly ever since I updated to the new Mac Ventura system. If this is just an issue with my device, does anyone know how to fix it; or if this is an issue with the new Mac system, can we expect a Crossover update to address the problem?

I have the same problem, since running Ventura. Is there any solution?

Same problem here. GTA V works well offline, but NOT GTA V Online. Online crashes after a few minutes, or hangs with the video freezing and the sounds continuing. I'm using a MacBook Pro M1 Max, no gaming controller. I also notice that it seems get get slow just seconds before the freeze / crash. It doesn't seem to matter if you go online via the button at the start screen (public session) or loading GTA V first, then Online / Go ... to a solo session. I can help debug if useful (I'm a software engineer, but new to CrossOver so I'm not sure where / what logs would be useful.)

Same here. Offline is fine but it crashes after 3 minutes online after upgrade to Ventura.

Wow, after a while I finally discovered my VPN blocked playing online and finally went online after turning it off, it crashes.. this is the only thread discussing this issue. I'm on ventura with CO 22.0.1 as well and experience the same random crash after a short while playing online. I hope there is a fix available soon.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR0dnVXlxRkVuRlZKR3dHVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9